Annual BFRB Conference 2017
Body-focused repetitive behavior (BFRB) is an umbrella name for compulsive behaviors involving repetitively acting upon one's own body, with the unintended consquence of damaging one's physical appearance or causing physical injury. The main BFRB disorders are:
Find out the severity of your symptoms with this free online test
Trichotillomania, hair pulling
Trichophagia, hair nibbling
Trichotemnomania, hair cutting
Dermatillomania, skin picking
Dermatophagia, skin nibbling
Onychotillomania, nail picking
Onychophagia, nail biting
Morsicatio Buccarum, cheek biting
Morsicatio Labiorum, inner lip biting
Morsicatio Linguarum, tongue biting
TLC's Annual Conference on Body-Focused Repetitive Behaviors is the only event of its kind in the world. The world's top BFRB experts, community leaders and changemakers will guide nearly 500 of us -- individuals, families, and treatment providers -- through a weekend of education, inspiration, support, and most importantly, healing.
What are the official dates of the 2017 Annual Conference?
The TLC Conference will be held April 21-23, 2017. Sessions begin Friday afternoon, then break for dinner, and the opening welcome session begins Friday evening. The closing session ends at noon on Sunday.
Where is the 2017 Annual Conference?
The conference will be held at the Marriott St. Louis Grand Hotel.
Who should attend the TLC Conference?
People of all ages who live with pulling, picking and related behaviors, their families and loved ones, clinicians looking to improve their strategies for treating these disorders and interested researchers. Special programs are offered for younger children, teens, parents, and adults with hair pulling disorder or skin picking disorder.
Advantages of attending the conference
- Over 90 workshops, symposiums and presentations facilitated by leading clinicians, researchers, and facilitators.
- Networking opportunities with others who suffer from these disorders.
- Accessibility to expert clinicians and researchers who understand and care.
- Inspiration from stories of triumph and recovery and the knowledge that you are not alone!
- Education on the latest treatment approaches, for self-help or use in your professional practice
Full conference registration includes:
- Access to over 90 sessions to choose from, presentations, networking opportunities and exhibit hall
- Meals: Friday evening snack, Saturday lunch, Saturday afternoon coffee/tea break, Saturday dinner, and Sunday morning coffee/tea break
- Full color book with full schedule & presenter bios
- Paper handouts as well as downloadable handouts that are available after the conference
You can book your tickets via the following link: http://www.bfrb.org/find-help-support/events/annual-conference